In November 2014, Kaukauna Area School District (KASD) entered into a formal agreement with MDR Consulting to perform a Long Range Facility Planning study.
The purpose of the Long Range Facilities Study is to research, make projections and essentially create a roadmap to identify and address the District’s facility needs over the next 25 years. The Long Range Facilities Study will research and report the current conditions of our facilities, student enrollment projections; the growth conditions of the local taxable city, townships, and villages that make up KASD.
This information is essential to providing the Board of Education with data to inform future decisions on short-, mid-, and long-term facility expansion, remodeling and construction decisions. Furthermore, if the District chooses to use a referendum as an action step to resolve facilities and program needs this process will provide vital information. A potential referendum vote could be as early as April or November of 2016.
This process will be implemented in two phases:
PHASE 1 will focus on the research and identification of KASD’s characteristics, (current conditions of our facilities, student enrollment projections, the growth conditions the local taxable city, townships, and villages)
PHASE 2 will focus on the development of different solutions to address the future facility needs and potential program revisions that arise from the Phase 1 work. This Phase will likely involve other purchase services.
The scoping study project is the first phase of the Long Range Facilities Plan effort. The purposes of this project are to:
- Understand School Board, District staff, and community goals, values and parameters as they relate to school facilities planning and development decisions.
- Gain a preliminary understanding of pending and projected community growth within the District, and internal and external market factors that may affect growth.
- Compare current and preliminary projected enrollment and housing growth against currently understood capacities and locations of existing schools.
- Identify broad future facility needs in terms of types of schools, general timing, and locations needed.
- Confirm need and scope of services for the second phase of the Long Range Facilities Plan effort.
- Provide data that will support the efficient completion of Phase 2.