GENERAL REGISTRATION INFORMATION:
- Registration will be online at http://www.registrationcenter.net/kaukauna/summer/
- All registrations will be done within the registration window. (Late registrations will not be accepted.)
- Courses are on a first come, first serve basis.
- Students are eligible to register for courses based on their current grade for the 2016-2017 school year.
- If you do not have internet access, you may come into the District Office, 1701 County Road CE, Kaukauna to register.
- Payments are due on April 28 by 12:00 p.m.
- If full payment for fees are not received by April 28 at 12:00 p.m., students will be removed from the course and an opening will be created for another registrant.
- For your convenience, payments may be made one of 2 ways:
- Credit/Debit Card (online system with registration process through e-Funds)
- Cash/Check at the District Office (1701 County Road CE, Kaukauna)
- Full refund of material fees will be available until Friday, May 19. After May 19, no material fees will be refunded.
A course may be cancelled if there is insufficient enrollment. If this happens, you will be notified by email.
We will be hosting an Open House on June, 12 from 4:00 p.m. – 6:00 p.m. Staff and student volunteers will be available to answer questions. Teachers will not be present during the Open House; however, families can become familiar with where classes are held.
Color Guard Basics/Advanced Drum Line/Marching Band Basics:
These are week long camps that will take place in July. Enjoy a week of camaraderie and the fun of self-expression through music.
Young Writers’ Camp:
This will be a 2 week camp that will take place in June in the afternoon. Campers will have lots of time to free write, share ideas with other writers and receive feedback, explore how authors develop their craft and celebrate success.
Kaukauna will offer busing to and from summer school for a fee of $45.00 per student. Students will be dropped off at Kaukauna High School prior to the start of the first class at 8:00 a.m. Buses will return students after classes end at 12:00 p.m. Classes that fall outside of the 8:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. time frame will not have this busing option. When registering your child for summer school, you will need to select the course called Transportation – Busing to register your child for busing.
If your child does not have a class during each section (8:00 a.m., 9:20 a.m., and 10:40 a.m.) your student will need to walk home or be picked up as there is no supervision available for students not in class. If you have a pick up or drop off location that is different than your home address, please add this to your parent information under Bus Pickup / Drop-off (optional) in the Summer School Software, however this must be in the within the boundaries of KASD.
High School Credit Recovery:
Students who have previously failed a course required for graduation or are credit deficient may register for HS Credit Recovery Course. Credit Advancement courses are not offered through Summer School. Registration for credit recovery courses will be open until June 7th. Any questions, please contact your child’s counselor at Kaukauna High School at 920-766-6113.
Remedial 4K – 8th Grade Classes:
Remedial courses will be offered to students. These courses will focus on Math and Reading remediation. They are designed to provide academic support for students who were identified as needing extra instructional support. If your child has been recommended for a course, a letter of invitation will be sent home with your child. Eligible students will be referred by their teacher.
English Learner Class:
An English Learner (EL) course will be offered this summer. Students will build their English Language skills while enjoying fun games, reading exciting stories, creating themed art projects and making their own movie from a script that they will be writing. If your child has been recommended for this course. Parents will be contacted by phone.